The Amazing Avocado
Factoid for the day: Did you know that Avocado is actually a fruit? It’s considered a single-seeded berry that’s native to Mexico!
Why is the avocado so trendy and popular with the health nuts, hipsters, and foodies of the world? This is why everyone is in love with this magical fruit!
- Decreases LDL (low density lipoproteins aka. the bad cholesterol). Researchers attribute the results to avocado’s monounsaturated fat content (a type of heart-healthy fat molecule), which may play an important part in lowering elevated cholesterol—a factor in insulin resistance, excess weight, and obesity.
- Helps to Shrink your Waistline! A diet rich in monounsaturated fat may actually prevent body fat distribution around the belly by down-regulating the expression of certain fat genes.
- Full of antioxidants to help fight Free Radicals
- Weight Management: An avocado provides nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients essential for healthy weight management, including 14 grams of satiating fiber and 66 percent (60 micrograms) of your daily need for vitamin K—a nutrient that helps regulate sugar metabolism and insulin sensitivity
- On top of all of these health benefits, there’s the fact that Avocado tastes amazing!
Here is one of my favorite recipes using Avocado! Yes, it’s the same recipe that Kourtney Kardashian uses 😉 You can use this same recipe and add cocoa powder for a chocolatey dessert.
- 1 medium, ripe avocado
- 2 tsp. Manuka Honey
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
Throw it all in a blender and Enjoy!